Well it looks like we are gonna get some rain today ---
and that's fine with me... It's not like I can go to the pool anyway...
LOL... This way everyone has to suffer with me <grin> -- just
kidding.
The last couple days have been quite interesting. I
went for my doctors appointment Thursday and came home and realized I
was not draining on one side. Anyone who does not know what this means -
I have what are called drains in the side of my chest wall to drain
excess fluid off the incisions. They had been draining just fine and
suddenly it stopped on one side and I told my sister I didn't feel well.
I looked at my feet and they were swelling up and well - I wound up at
the doctors Friday morning to have them UNCLOG the drain. Talk about
pain.. YIKES! I felt like a real baby... Anyway - they got it unclogged -
I got home and the other side was clogged.. :( I remembered how they
fixed the other one and so I had my dad help me fix it - and we are now
cooking with gas and I am draining again! WOO HOO!
I have been a
bit overly tired the last couple of days and really wishing I was
feeling better, but I also JUST had surgery 9 1/2 days ago.. What do I
expect --- to be running a marathon? Gezzz I am NOT a good patient for
SURE! I am the one used to taking care of everyone else....
On a
side note ---- Lynnette and I decided not to go to our beloved Duran
Duran concert on Tuesday that we had been looking forward to going to
for several months mainly due to my uncertainty of how I may be feeling
and how tired I may get.. I guess it was a real pipe dream thinking we
could do all of that so soon after surgery.. I will see them again NEXT
time around -- and we will be able to have twice as much fun! So if
there is anyone out there that would like to buy these two great
tickets... let me know.. We will let them go at a really good price.....
:)
I would like to thank you all again for the continued out
pour of love by you all.. I truly appreciate it... I am going to need
some cheerleaders when chemo starts and will need you all to keep me
lifted up... I just appreciate you all... Please continue to contact me
-- just because I don't respond immediately doesn't mean I don't love
you all or am ignoring you. I sleep as much as possible - especially
since I read that sleep is good for healing. :)
I have attached a
picture of flowers that I have received (and will add another one to
the photo album)... I almost wish I had thought to take pictures of all
of the wonderful food that people have brought - it has sure made life
easier on Dad and on Judy (when she was here) ... and it has been so
appreciated....
thank you all for your continued love and support...
Nan~
No comments:
Post a Comment