Saturday, September 1, 2012

6 days and waiting.... Aug 30, 2012 - Caring Bridge

Well, I am now 6 days from my appointment at Carolina and I truly cannot wait... I guess my reason for for the "I can't wait" is the unknown... There are SO many things I do not know and each time someone asks me - I have to simply answer...  "I do not know".. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I truly do not know right now much except that I have to have chemo and that's about it.

There is a small part of me that would like to run away and not have to deal with all of this, but I know that is NOT the grown up way to handle things and no... this is NOT the way I wanted to spend my summer vacation, but as my friend Monique says... "it's always something"... and this year.. It's been SOMETHING alright.. More than anyone even DREAMED it could be. I have been in such overdrive with this for so long now that sometimes I feel like I could wake up and this was all a dream... but this is not a dream --- its reality.


I am seeing progress each day in my recovery and I am seeing less and less time that I am having to take naps, but maybe just going and laying down for a few minutes just to "recharge" myself. I don't want anyone to think I am discouraged or irritated I am not - its just all so "NEW" and different than my "NORMAL". Anyone who knows me knows nothing in my life is "NORMAL"....


Sunday - I was so happy to see someone I have not seen in a long time... My mom's best friends Frances and Tommy Norris. Frances was one of my mom's best friends and it was so wonderful to see her and Tommy... I got to hear some great stories about my mom and it felt like my mom was there with us at dinner.... Frances and Tommy are very dear and even though we don't see them much I felt like we picked up where we left off... It was wonderful.

I know you all may be getting tired of me saying thank you, but I must say - the cards, the phone calls, the emails, the text messags, the dinners brought over, the flowers, all of it - it has been so wonderful. I can honestly tell you - I have learned from this experience - these things really do help out during this time.

 I would like to say ----- for those I have not called back - please do not be upset - I do care and want to talk to you, but I have to do it in due time. It's not easy for me to be this way, but as I said... it's my "New Normal" and I have to heal from my surgery and get myself geared up for my NEW journey....

I would like to say that I did go back to work yesterday - even though I wasn't there but for 3 hours and I am still not driving - I was there and was able to ring up customers and even helped a few people... which was exciting!  I find myself now getting so excited over things in the past would be "little things", but its the little things that get us through journeys like this one.

I thank you ALL for the continued love and support... This is a fight and I am up for it.. especially with the support from YOU!

Thank you all ---

Love you all,
Nan~

No comments:

Post a Comment