When I heard the words that I had cancer I already knew in my heart that I had cancer - I guess it was God's way of helping me to deal with it - relate to it - and be OK to talk about it - where as, those around me ---- when they found out that I had cancer did not take the news quite as I had expected.
Some have cried, some have offered amazing support, some have come baring gifts, baring books to read, some have lent a shoulder to lean on, but most of all I KNOW I have support out there. For this I say - you cannot even begin to imagine how this makes me feel!!!!
I have had mixed emotions on leaving the store to others to run. It's like my baby. My baby I am leaving at home alone for the very first time. I cannot lie... it is NOT easy. I am really struggling with the whole thing, but KNOW I have to do it. I had Dianne Lambert to come over today to help me figure out WHAT needed to be typed up to explain how to use the computer - well as she left the store and I was down the road I realized that I did not show her several things ....
So I sat at the shop typing up simple things like - where were cheat sheets for prices, how to log into the system, how to turn on the jewelry cases.... You know... SIMPLE things in life ... well simple to me... frightening to others... I hope I have made it pretty simple and that even though this has been on SUPER short notice that they can struggle through until my return at the shop. So for those of you who go to Dragonfly and shop.. please do... but please be patient with those who are helping me out too. <grin> It is MUCH appreciated.
Monday is my pre-op appointment with Dr. Habal - and I hope to get the final news on the pathology to note if my cancer is a triple negative or estrogen related. I already know WHAT they are doing on Friday - now I am just ready to get over with and JUST DO IT!!!! With all of the love and support I have received from SOOO many of you - I don't know how I will EVER repay you.... It is amazing to feel so loved...
Through the beginning of this experience I have learned something very profound for me........ don't sweat the small stuff... Now some of you may say.. now wait a minute... Nan Lou... YOU JUST said all these things about your store and that is small stuff... but actually the store may be classified as "small stuff" - but it is also how I pay my bills... If the store makes no money - I have no money. It's that simple. During this time... I need money - so to me - this IS a big thing... So please don't forget to go out and support Dragonfly... :)
Lastly - as many of you know I am 42 years old have been through some really big things in my life... and you know.. I think it is what has made me the person I am today.... Do you realized that some people aren't as lucky as me. Some people get cancer and have NO ONE around them... and I am completely surrounded -- and for that - I want to thank you all.
Please keep me close in your heart and prayers --- I will really be calling out to you all next week -- and if not me - someone else in my family will be filling you in on me...
thank you all.. and you know I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment